Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas shenanigans

Last week kept me on my toes. It was Christmas week, which is a pretty musically busy time. Somehow, I not only got through it -- I aced it with flying colors, and have videos to prove it.

Here's one of the videos of my choir performing at our Adoration service.



We had two performances. They did really, really well. I had so many people tell me how it touched them, how beautiful it was. It's just another way for God to show how beautiful His love is, to give us music and art that touches us in ways we cannot explain.

When I showed up to warm up the choir, I was approached by my pastor -- "do you play bass?" I really have no actual experience playing the bass, but... it's just a jumbo guitar without the top two strings. So I ended up playing a few carols along with the worship team. Honestly, I do enjoy having a little odd challenge thrown my way. Something that takes me out of my comfort zone. You don't get very far by staying within that particular zone.


Annnnnnd here's the video of my arrangement of 23 carols mushed into 4 minutes.



I threw this together on a Thursday, Shane's show was Saturday, and I recorded this the following Wednesday. I would have done it a little differently with more time, but it was a fun little project, anyway. And it turns out, my camera takes half-decent videos, which might lead to more videos in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment