Saturday, May 14, 2011

Little updates...

-Got a microphone, finally! Haven't even had time to get it out of the box and set it up for the first time, but... it's here. Not something I ever would have imagined myself doing, intentionally purchasing equipment for the purpose of amplifying my own voice...

-Spoke at an environmental journalism class at UD today. Always, always, always wonderful to share about why I'm doing what I'm doing (even if I don't know exactly what I'm doing). Played a couple of my nature tunes for the group with Shane, which I think makes him the first person ever to rehearse and perform my own original tunes alongside me. Thanks, Shane!

-Been doing worship here and there, which still feels kinda new to me. The plan is to set up my own binder of worship tunes... tho really, I'll end up pretty much memorizing them all since they're all of 3-5 chords each... there's only 1-2 worship tunes I have ever had to look up in order to play correctly... (sounds like I'm bragging, but I'm allowed to do that since it is A) one of God's gifts to me and B) something I've spent years and plenty of my parents' money developing)

-Peace, Love, and Horseshoe Crabs coming up Saturday, May 21!

-I'm taking June off from teaching guitar. My job goes bananas in June and I'd like to focus. I've had so many inquiries from potential students in just the last month... which is wonderful! But summer is, unfortunately, the busy time at work, and I'm learning a little bit these days about the wonders of getting sleep and spending time at home just weeding the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment