Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where did my goals go? Oh yeah, recording.

Things got nebulous for a second. They always do that when I don’t bother to set goals. The only thing that’s been keeping me focused is this recording thing. I sat down last night, though, and came up with 8 main goals to accomplish by the end of December. Then I taped them to my fridge so I can cross them off when I accomplish them. ^^

And, yes, recording is one of them. 4 tracks pretty well stabbed at, now. “Half-Decent” is hard to record because I alternately yell, then don’t. >.< That’s the price of having a personality.

Another main one is this website. I was investigating everything... thinking about how I could just do wordpress, like everyone else... but, you know, I hate doing what everyone else does. So I might just try to make my own site and learn some CSS, XML, and javascript as I go (I already have HTML skilllllz, yes, beyond the b, i, and u tags, thankyaverymuch).

It’ll probably take a bunch of time to learn, but honestly, any time you can invest in bolstering your computa skills is time well spent, if every job I’ve held has taught me anything...

2 comments:

  1. yay computerz...the world wide web consortium has awesome starter guides for the markup languages..and they're always correct since they write the web standards yay http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/firstcss

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael - yeah, I was actually looking at w3.org. Real nice site with easy and well-thought-out explanations... I like the parts where you can just open up a window with the code and the result side by side and it allows you to alter the code and see what ya get.

    ReplyDelete