Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new website, new FAWM.

WEB
SITE
IS
UP
!!!!!!!!!



Entirely designed and coded by myself, and YES, I am proud of that. A co-worker and I set a deadline of December 31st, since we each had a website that we wanted to finish. Here's hers! (She runs a quilting business out of New Castle County in DE.)

The site itself a pretty basic affair, and that's how I like it. Not too much stuff. Just enough stuff, and then links out to social media for anyone who cares to follow. It is amazing how social media and other such stuff has changed the way we use the internet. All I had to do was come up with a very basic template for my website, and then copy and paste code from ReverbNation and YouTube. All of a sudden, my website streams audio and video and upcoming events. Magic.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Michael, who cared enough to give me feedback here and there and helped me find a good hosting service. ^^ Thanks!

I want to get an e-mail list set up because I think I have people who'd prefer to get their news that way... but for now, I will revel in the completion of this step.




And HAPPY NEW YEAR! I had meant to write some sort of thing about how 2011 is over and blah blah blah, but honestly I was too busy contra dancin'! ^^ The Cosmic Otters played at Glenside on Friday for a New Year's Eve Eve dance (complete with toast at midnight!). Then, I danced yesterday at Arden to the playin' 'n pickin' of the Contra Rebels. Good, good times, and what a way to end one year and begin another. ^^




Speaking of a new year, FAWM... is just around the corner... ^^ Now that Christmas is out of the way, it's time to go go go with the FAWMinatin', organizing, the awesome chaos of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment