Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"You're My Home," by Billy Joel, on Youtube.

I guess I forgot to blog about Gillian and myself recording a cover of Billy Joel's "You're My Home."

Well, we did!

The story behind it: Gil wanted to surprise my brother with a song at their wedding. It had to be Billy Joel. So, as I started to learn this song, I realized... that I hated all the arrangements that I could find. Good thing I can do my own arrangements. ^^



I was convinced we needed to record this puppy and get it on youtube, and their apartment recently exploded which means that they're stuck at my parents' house for a little while. So it alllllllll worked out. ^^

There's also a little bonus at the end where we just got... wacky. ^^

2 comments:

  1. wait. how does one's apartment explode and how does one prevent that from happening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a gas leak. None of the articles lay the blame anywhere, which probably means somebody screwed up and they're trying to hide it. My bro & his wife say that someone was working on the gas line and they were testing something (I think?) and it exploded.

    I don't know that it could have been prevented. They smelled the gas and I don't know if they reported it ever, but luckily they have renter's insurance so they're hunky-dory other than still being out of an apartment (explosion happened in late May)

    ReplyDelete