Friday, February 4, 2011

FAWM post #4: the lazyman challenge

In the words of my father,

"I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiick."

I am not a fan of complaining. Yes, I woke up with a searing headache, staggered around at the speed of a grandma trying to find the thermometer, nearly just started crying on the bathroom floor when I couldn't find it, found it behind the nightstand, swore up a storm because I was apparently too weak to move the durn thing, finally got it and found out that my fever is 101.2.

Apart from little episodes like that, I'm comfy, there's ibuprofen, and I have tons of juice. And God. I have God, too. Situation like this just puts you in a place of submission and reminds you that you can't do it without God. It's a good place to praise from.

Anyway, this illness just means that I have a unique challenge ahead of me: The Lazyman Challenge!

(I would've said "lazywoman," but it just doesn't have the same ring.)

Anyway, I've piled up everything I need all around my recliner. The goal is to write as many songs as possible without getting up.



Honestly, I'm pretty stoked.



Backtracking a little, I blame this illness partially on FAWM, partially on coffee. After abstaining for 48 hours, I broke for Dunkin Donuts coffee at 3 PM. I was busy FAWMing 'till midnight on Wednesday, and I was cognizant of the fact that the coffee had me wired, but I hadn't quite grasped the idea that I'd need to be getting up at 6 AM the next morning.

So here's me in bed that night, completely wired, eyes wide open, fluttering in and out of sleep, waking periodically to think "wow, that would be a great song idea!"

Needless to say, I'm 90% sure I had this fever yesterday and just decided to go to work in spite of it. Sometimes I'm an idiot like that.



Also, I just did my first collab! I finished setting Jocelyn's lyrics to music and I'm pretty daggum happy with the results. The recording I am less impressed with, mostly because of the vocals -- it'll probably be one of the last songs with true vox for awhile, because of my crappy-feeling lungs and all...

Here's "Little Bird."

3 comments:

  1. can't listen at work but feel better! let me know if you needs anything ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey crazy music lady - hello from a fellow fawmer, blogger and Christian!
    I'm trying to write everyday of 2011 and FAWM is a part of that (and might be the fawm that broke the camels back)

    keep up the good work - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...and, like you, I'm not in the best of health!

    http://youngglory.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-33-pain-and-progress.html

    ReplyDelete