Sunday, February 20, 2011

FAWM post #9: Only one week left?!

Aiieeeeeeee! Panic!

I only have three songs left to meet the 14-song quota. I wrote another one today, "Jimmy Baker and the Bees," to add to my collection of nature-based songs:



I'm starting to get into the FAWM funk. You write about ten of these songs and they just all start sounding the same, or like ripoffs of everything else. I also get down on myself about the quality of the recording and the performance on these demos, even though I know that I wouldn't have time to write AND bring them all up to par all at once. The challenge is to write 14 songs. Yes, they're going to be rough at first; that's what the other 11 months of the year are for.

Just pushing on through. If I stick just with requests, I've got a space trash song on the docket, with also a possible emerald ash borer song and a campfire safety song (the last two as per request by a co-worker). Which is enough to meet the quota, but I've been really wanting to go a little more introspective with some of these. Really, I'd write seven more if I could. I think that would be a good goal for me.

Yes, I only pushed out one song in the last week. It was rather an insane week. I'm back to my regularly-scheduled insanity, more or less, which is really, really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment